Thursday, January 19, 2006

tumbling class!

today was our first day of tumbling class. at first quinn seemed a little overwhelmed, or maybe he was just taking it all in. there are about 11 kids in the class (about 5 boys). the first part of the class we stretch to music (finger poppers everyone!). he just kind of stared at everyone. then it was "free" time. the kids played on all of the equipment (slides, triangle mats, tunnels, etc.) he didn't really play with anyone, but he didn't run off to be by himself or cling to me which i thought was good.

they have these "dots" that are about the size of a frisbee, but are thin and flexable. my LNF (little neat freak) went around the whole room and picked them all up to put them in a pile. (cutie-pie). then at the end of the class they line up against the wall and they get a treat. a chocolate-chip cookie or cheese crackers. GREAT! i was sad. our first interaction with food being handed out, and he couldn't have any. luckily i had cookies in my bag (yes i have resorted to bribery for riding in the car, and even that fails sometimes!) so the instructor (miss missy) gave him one that i gave her. she said that she would try to remember to bring raisins for him, so that was nice. i think he had a good time.

1 comment:

The Gilles Family said...

I swear. I never lose interest in Quinny stories! haha, that boy can crack me up thousands of miles away!

Miss Missy? TELL me it's not who I think it is. Good LORD.