Friday, January 20, 2006

the DH saved my night!

so today was kinda poopy. i was just in a foul mood all day/evening. tim left to play poker which normally wouldn't have irritated me, but because i was cranky i was resentful. so being cranky when quinn isn't in his best mood is, as he would say, "ucka". then i needed to call alyson (a literary question needed answering) . so i called, we couldn't figure out the answer and moved on to other things. celery sprigs and tempertures, oh my. she told me a story (you too can read it! http://www.accidentallypoetic.blogspot.com/)

so then...quinn was in the fridge, grabbed the milk (soy milk that is) and unscrewed the cap. let's pause there. what was the mother doing? well, she was making a vodka tonic and a jane young special (popcorn LIGHTLY drizzled with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar). my moodiness called for a bucket of chocolate and a triple cheese burger, but that doesn't fit in with the toning up for Kauai plan! so i wasn't watching him like i should have been but hey, he wasn't playing with knives! so i saw this ( the unscrewing of the milk cap) said NO! and ran over there. it tumbled out of the fridge, spilled all over the fridge and floor and i laughed. if it wouldn't have been for the break in tension a few minuted before ( the gilles' phone call) i think i would have just started sobbing. Thanks guys, for saving my night!

now i have my sweet/salty treat, a little adult beverage and i dunno, i will either choose the lazy route & just watch the tube in bed or i will work on my latest mixed media project.

quinn is sleeping soundly, i can hear him & his binky on the monitor. all is well. cheers to a new day tomorrow.

2 comments:

LadyHAHA said...

Hi! Alyson's cousin's (shannon) friend here. just wanted to note that you AND Alyson have given me two new things to try that I might get completely addicted to....
Alyson: Tabasco on Toast
You: A Jane Young Special!
OH YES. I've never HEARD of a jane young special and guess what? "Aunt Flow" is coming next week! A perfect snack for the troubling days ahead. :)
THANKS!

The Gilles Family said...

Awww! I got a mention! hahaha, I was thinking about how we went from the color of celery to River Phoenix's overdose in a matter of two point two seconds, for the rest of the night! Every once in a while, I'd just start chuckling. Mike thought the paint fumes were going to my head. Nope, I just love our conversations! I, too, have to try the Jane Young Special! YUMMMMM! And you're right. No knives equals no harm, no foul!